Join our great team of peer support specialists! It can change your life and the lives of other self-advocates!
Peer support specialists will:
– Learn how to do the job.
– Get matched with clients who need help.
– Meet with clients online or in person to help them build the lives they want.
– Fill out a log to track their work hours.
– Get support from a coach to do all these things.
Peer support specialists will be paid $15/hour. They will be paid for training and for hours they work with clients. They will work between 5 and 7 hours per month from August 2021 – March 2022.
Peer support specialists must:
– Be strong self-advocates.
– Like helping people.
– Know or learn how to use email, Zoom, and the web (we will teach you).
– Like working with a coach or teacher.
– Have or be on the interest list for a Medicaid waiver: Community Based Alternatives (CBA), Community Living Assistance & Support Services (CLASS), Deaf Blind with Multiple Disabilities (DBMD), Medically Dependent Children Program (MDCP), Texas Home Living (TxHmL), Home and Community-based Services (HCS); or Community First Choice (CFC).
– Have experience getting services in one or more areas: Person-directed planning, Employment/Education, Transportation, Housing, Independent Living Skills.
To apply, fill out the application online by clicking this link:
You can get help from a trusted person to fill out the application. You can also get help from our Virtual Pilot Coach by clicking this link and emailing him:
Please share this information with anyone you think would be a great peer support specialist!